For those unfamiliar with the term, here’s the online definition for Padawn:
- A Jedi pupil or student, or broadly used as anyone that is learning
- A student of the force. A learned youngin. One that has the ability to posses great power, but has yet to achieve all knowledge of the force. One who wants to know more. Until you are the master of masters, you are all someone’s padawan.
Still don’t get it? Google it or watch Star Wars. Or email me and I’ll try to explain it but really, have you not seen Star Wars?
My name is Anna Mahler, I’m a stay-at-home mom (and a bit of a geek). Most of the adventures I’ll be writing about are with my toddler son, currently going through the terrible 3s.
I decided to call my blog “The Mommy Padawan” because I feel I am a student in pretty much all aspects of life. I’m constantly trying to learn from everything life decides to throw at me, good and bad.
Being a great wife and mother is the best job I’ve ever had and means the most to me. It’s one area I’m always trying to get better at while figuring out ways to carve out time for myself. Even at his young age, my son is the ultimate teacher much of the time. He shows me what I don’t know, things I need to work on and makes me find ways to stay calm and sane in the eye of a toddler storm.
Here is a little more about me and some of the other topics that I’m sure will make their way in to my writing:
- I kicked meat a few months back and am now trying out a vegetarian/vegan diet
- I actually enjoy working out and alternate cardio and yoga as often as possible (reduce stress+ have more energy+ make time for myself = sane and happy mommy!)
- I’m a student of Buddhism
- I love to read, libraries and bookstores are some of my favorite places
- I dream of someday going to ComicCon, dressing up and hanging out with Olivia Munn– just once! (See? Geek – told you.)
- My husband is just plain awesome
Venturing outside of The Mommy Padawan –
I am a monthly contributor for Wednesday’s Woman, a weekly feature where Kim at Sperk* has dedicated a part of her blog to celebrating inspirational women who are changing the world. It’s just plain awesome!
I am also contributing on a monthly basis at DoYouYoga.com:
- 3 Reasons Why Bad Moods Are Wonderful
- Learning to Surrender – 4 Ways To Find The Beauty In Letting Go
- What I Learned From Skipping Yoga (And Why I Keep Coming Back)
- 4 Ways to Stay Happy And Balanced Through The Holidays
- The Power Of Reflection And Intentions For New Years
- 4 Ways To Kick Meat With Kindness
Questions? Comments? Just want to say hi? Please feel free to contact me anytime at Anna@themommypadawan.com
I truly hope you enjoy reading – thanks so much for stopping by!
“Don’t walk behind me; I may not lead. Don’t walk in front of me; I may not follow. Just walk beside me and be my friend.”
― Albert Camus