For those unfamiliar with the term, here’s the online definition for Padawn:
- A Jedi pupil or student, or broadly used as anyone that is learning
- A student of the force. A learned youngin. One that has the ability to posses great power, but has yet to achieve all knowledge of the force. One who wants to know more. Until you are the master of masters, you are all someone’s padawan.
Much has changed since I started this blog back in 2011. A few things are still the same.
My name is Anna Mahler, I’m a
stay-at-home mom full time working single mom. Most of the adventures I’ll be writing about are with my toddler son, currently going through the terrible 3s.
I decided to call my blog “The Mommy Padawan” because I feel I am a student in pretty much all aspects of life. I’m constantly trying to learn from everything life decides to throw at me, good and bad.
Today, I try to be a good mom for my second grader, maintain a good relationship with my ex and take good care of myself. Even at his young age, my son is the ultimate teacher much of the time (still and always true). He shows me what I don’t know, things I need to work on and makes me find ways to stay calm and sane.
Here is a little more about me and some of the other topics that I’m sure will make their way in to my writing:
- I kicked meat a few months back and am now trying out a vegetarian/vegan diet
- I actually enjoy working out and alternate cardio and yoga as often as possible (reduce stress+ have more energy+ make time for myself = sane and happy mommy!)
- I’m a student of Buddhism
- I love to read and write, libraries and bookstores are some of my favorite places
Venturing outside of The Mommy Padawan –
am was a monthly contributor for Wednesday’s Woman, a weekly feature where Kim at Sperk* has dedicated a part of her blog to celebrating inspirational women who are changing the world. It’s just plain awesome!
am was also contributing on a monthly basis at DoYouYoga.com:
- 3 Reasons Why Bad Moods Are Wonderful
- Learning to Surrender – 4 Ways To Find The Beauty In Letting Go
- What I Learned From Skipping Yoga (And Why I Keep Coming Back)
- 4 Ways to Stay Happy And Balanced Through The Holidays
- The Power Of Reflection And Intentions For New Years
- 4 Ways To Kick Meat With Kindness
Questions? Comments? Just want to say hi? Please feel free to contact me anytime at Anna@themommypadawan.com
I truly hope you enjoy reading – thanks so much for stopping by!