Hello and Welcome, My name is Anna!
I decided to call my blog “The Mommy Padawan” because I’m a student in all aspects of life. I try to learn from every experience and struggle, from the strengths in my life as well as my fears and ‘failures’.
A little history
I started this blog back in 2011 and immediately realized how much I enjoyed writing but also connecting with other women online during my experience of being a stay at home mom with a toddler. Unfortunately, once I went back to work full time a few years later, I lost much of time I had to dedicate here but I would also go through several years of serious change and challenge. As a result, I stopped writing.
Six years later, as my life has transformed (and still continues to), what always remained was my love of writing and a desire to be of service. Having a connection with people, sharing my passions and possible being able to help others is important and fulfilling for me.
So in an effort to combine these goals and get back to what doing something I truly enjoy, I am beginning again on these pages.
Here’s what I hope to be a resource for:
- Meditation – what it is, how to begin and any helpful information I have found
- All things yoga – practice videos, books, teachers, even other sites
- Books, movies, documentaries, websites, anything I feel strongly about so I can share the love
- Truths, insights and inspiration from my own opinions and experiences because – life
I am now a single, working parent. I’ve grown and changed a lot and hope the lessons and knowledge I’ve gained can be put to good use.
Years ago when I was writing for this blog, I also had the opportunity to write for other sites. The links are pretty old but you should still be able to find these posts if interested, the list is below.
Questions? Comments? Just want to say hi? Please feel free to contact me anytime at Anna@themommypadawan.com
I truly hope you enjoy reading – thanks so much for stopping by!
am was a monthly contributor for Wednesday’s Woman, a weekly feature where Kim at Sperk* has dedicated a part of her blog to celebrating inspirational women who are changing the world. It’s just plain awesome!
am was also contributing on a monthly basis at DoYouYoga.com:
- 3 Reasons Why Bad Moods Are Wonderful
- Learning to Surrender – 4 Ways To Find The Beauty In Letting Go
- What I Learned From Skipping Yoga (And Why I Keep Coming Back)
- 4 Ways to Stay Happy And Balanced Through The Holidays
- The Power Of Reflection And Intentions For New Years
- 4 Ways To Kick Meat With Kindness